Monday, January 25, 2010

follow up question with Nate sherwood

this is a follow up question suggested to me by DR Bill Schaffer after reading the original interview, Bill is a far more experienced skater and interviewer than me, and his question seemed worthy of me bothering Nate once again.
thanks to Bill for his advice, and Nate for once again taking the time to answer.

Bill-
"I'd have liked to see you ask him a bit about the way skating has broken down into different camps - like street and vert. It wasn't like that in my day - or McGills."


sam-
as a 36 year old who still skates street, tranny parks,but was never a vert skater, and came up through the 90's, i have my own strong opinions on this subject, but was hoping you could share your for us


Nate-
Yeah my man thank u 4 the link it means a lot to me face book will not let me post it up :) is it the fucks part? lol so funny. oh well. dude i am honored by your kind words and thank u 4 the coverage. I feel u man i been in the game 4 so damn long it is crazy 4 us old guys. the different camps are messed up all this segroskation is bullshit. i cannot even go st skate now with anybody other than my tri pod cause 90 percent of the skaters all want to skate a different thing. "nate i need stairs" nate i want a ditch" nate i need a park" nate I need the mega ramp." i never care what i skate but dudes will fight over where to go i love skating anything rolling around on flat is just a s fun as a huge park. I thibk it is sad nobody is as open minded as they were back in the day. people have a lot more hate in them than they did then. my homey tim said it best when he said the comrodery is gone now kids never talk to eaCH other they listen to there i pod give u a hard face and act as if skating is some kind of contest all the time. huge ego's have ruined the world. the fact vert and park guys hate st. the fact street hates vert. the dfact a rail zero guy hates manny pads the fact manny pad guys hate rail guys and as well ledge dudes just want to skate a ldge but have to deal with bmx chips out of it add,s more stife, it is sad that none of the above can get along it is truly a sad skate of affairs lol.

2 comments:

  1. damn Straight! great question and great answer. thanks for the follow up bill and thanks for taking the time to answer Nate, thats fuckin rad. too true about egos ruining skating. sad skate of affairs indeed!

    ReplyDelete